Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 8 - Superhero

"This is my gift, my curse.
Who am I?  I'm Spiderman."


"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards.  They will race behind you.  They will stumble, they will fall.  But in time, they will join you in the sun.  In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." ~ Jor-El 

Scott Lanham taught us his superhero design on a webinar this last Sunday.  He has posted a few Deadpool images recently on Facebook, so I was looking forward to see how he constructs his.

This is a nice and big sculpture when you're done, probably 3 feet tall.   I like the form and feel like it could be very versatile, so I tried making a super pig.   I like how it turned out - sort of like a Pigs in Space pig.  My complication with the design seems to be in getting the crotch situated right.  I tried eliminating one of the pinch twists when building the super-pig, but that made it even more awkwardly bowlegged.






I am the squeal in the night ... 



Other posts with Scott's designs:





Show all










5 comments:

  1. Spiderman is great but the purple pig super hero is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was a fun one :) - though I don't think I got the pecs quite right and I should have made him more squat. Super Purple Pig ... I definitely need a better name.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the Super Pig!!! You know the purple pig is going to be soooooooo spoiled by the end of this he may need a Super Pig to return him to normal life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking some sort of music montage of his travels at the end .. hmmm. :)

      Delete
  3. Hamelot the Squealer

    ReplyDelete