Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 10 - Camel


They’ve put a brassiere on a camel,
She wasn’t dressed proper, you know.
They’ve put a brassiere on a camel,
So that her humps wouldn’t show.
And they’re making other respectable plans,
They’re even even insisting the pigs should wear pants,
They’ll dress up the ducks if we give them the chance
Since they’ve put a brassiere on a camel.

~ Shel Silverstein

This Camel was inspired by another Masayoshi Matsumoto image.  He has a wonderful assortment of 4-legged animals, and this looked like a good one to attempt for hump day (yes I know it's Thursday, but I built it on Wednesday!)

I really like the main body structure, I can see many of the other animals reflected in this pattern - I need practice, this took a few attempts to get something that I like and still it's not as clean as I'd like it to be.  It's somewhat of a puzzle to fill in the blanks as Mr. Matsumoto usually takes one nicely posed picture, there are parts I have to guess.

Oftentimes getting things to stand up well is problematic, having the legs fit into the six petal flower is brilliant and gives a nice stability.


Dare you to ask me what day it is!

I have 8 toes.  Why do you ask? .. and why are you giggling?

He's well camelflauged in the desert!


Other posts with Masayoshi Matsumoto's designs:


Show all

1 comment: