Friday, February 7, 2020

February 7 - Virtualillusion1


“There is a poetic nature to minimalism that is about striking a balance between full and empty.”

~ Jennie C. Jones

Virtualillusion1 was not only one of the first artists I contacted on DeviantArt, but was one of the fastest to finish.  She is an artist from India that has only been active for a week - and commission was for a minimalist flat illustration.

To be perfectly honest, this wasn't entirely what I was expecting - but that is probably one of the most fun things about this months project,  she delivered something fantastic that I wasn't expecting - I really like this chunky fat dude!

I used the source asset to make it as minimalist as possible, which was really wasn't much more than a couple (digital) paint buckets of black.  I like how the ear behind the head still gives you the shape of the head.



No comments:

Post a Comment