Friday, October 27, 2017

October 27 - Surly Frank


I'm a teenage Frankenstein
The local freak with the twisted mind
I'm a teenage Frankenstein
These ain't my hands
And these legs ain't mine

~ Alice Cooper Teenage Frankenstein

Here is Frankenstein's Monster using the structure shown in Buster Balloon's 31 days of Halloween balloon montage.

This is the first one of these surly dudes that I've built with hair.  The technique doesn't really give you attachment points up there so it's rather limited what you can do without some sort of cheating.

I've mentioned before that one of the complications I run into at times is that these things need to stand and be somewhat poseable.  This balloon had one leg ever so slightly longer than the other and it took some finesse to get him to stand up straight.

The original idea was to have Purple wielding the torch and Frankenstein's Monster cowering, but I having hands cover his face obfuscated the design.






Other Surly Dudes:


Other balloon designs by or inspired by Buster Balloon:

Show All

1 comment: