Monday, February 6, 2023

February 6 - Paulo60379


“GTA came from Pac-Man. The dots are the little people. There's me in my little, yellow car. And the ghosts are policemen.”

~ Jesse Schell, The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses

Paulo60379 is a long time DeviantArtist and had one of the coolest ideas on what do do with our character, retro GameBoy artwork.

 I love this idea but I have a confession, I never owned a GameBoy.  It was just that time in life, it released while I was in college and then life and then things settled and then I bought XBox and PC.

But now I feel a need to qualify my gamer cred.  I used to have to go to the Go Kart Track to play something other than pinball.  I found the secret room in Adventure.  I used to listen to the soundtrack to Pac-Man fever, while playing Pac-Man.

You finally rescued the Princess who kept changing castles?  I rescued Daphne using four quarters.   *mic drop*

Wait ... did I think that would make me sound cool?


No comments:

Post a Comment