Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 23 - Nao Dogs

Nao Osaka is a Japanese balloon artist who makes amazingly realistic looking sculptures.

I was first exposed to him at the Florida Super Jam in 2015 where he taught this dog via Skype.  I tried to follow along but I wasn't really prepared and got behind early so I simply sat and marveled at the way he was able to pull such accurate forms without 'cheating' different balloon sizes and shapes.  In fact this dog is comprised entirely of basic 260's only!

I was unfortunately unable to attend this years FSJ, which Nao attended in person, but there were DVDs for sale that I was able to purchase which included a recording a the Skype session from the previous year - hooray!

Say cheese!  "Woof! arf! oink! yip!"
He included instructions on a few different ear styles, so I tried for a golden and a pug.




Really, he adopted me.




Other posts with Nao Osaka designs:



Show all

No comments:

Post a Comment