Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 31 - Purple Pig

When I started twisting balloons, the very first balloon webinar I attended was taught by Dennis Bauyon - I had no idea you could make such incredible things.  He showed us how to make a hippo and an elf, big cool designs I wouldn't have dared myself to try - and I knew I was hooked.  I think the effort to get the video replay of that webinar was what helped spur me to attend my first balloon jam (where I certainly drank the Kool-aid).

Recently he hosted another webinar where he showed a couple new designs; a witch, a bat and a pig. I thought it appropriate to build in purple.

"Are you my mommy?"
Curly-que tail <3


.. from October webinar


End of the month thoughts:
Well I've made it through a month of entries without too much effort, hopefully it will remain so in the ensuing months.  It's been a fantastic learning experience in a number of ways - it has helped me organize and work through designs that I've been meaning to but most importantly I am feeling a need to take better pictures of more precisely twisted creations.  Previously I was happy with one build/test and to get the approximation of the design - now I twist multiple until I get one nice enough for a picture (enhanced if possible).   See you in February!


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure looking forward to February!!! Thanks again for the bright spot in my day!

    ReplyDelete