Thursday, April 19, 2018

April 19 - Gremlin


The sugar plums are rancid
And the stockings are in flames
There's a demon in my belly
And a gremlin in my brain

~ Spinal Tap Christmas with the Devil

Gremlins are viewed as mischievous creatures in roughly humanoid shape, oftentimes blamed for mechanical failures in aircraft and machines in WWI and WWII.

Though it's open for debate, it's said the origin of the term 'Gremlin' is said to have been derived from the old English term 'Greme', which is to vex or annoy.

Similar to the tale of elves helping the shoe cobbler, in folklore, Gremlins are creatures said to have helped humans invent machinery.  But humans showed these creatures little regard or gratitude and thus angered and invited their wrath.

The design uses the head structure similar to the baby bumblebee that was just recently released in my first ever tutorial collaborations, TBA (actual title) - linkTBA is a benefit project set up for a fellow twister in need, I don't receive anything from it - but if you have purchased, I would love any feedback, good or bad - this was a fun exercise and I'd like to do better but I have a immediate negative perspective (hearing myself talk, seeing myself on camera, etc.).

I cheated a bit (more than usual) on the final image, I didn't like how reflective the mouth was in the photo, so I painted it over with black.







1 comment: