Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 25 - Eddie


"O God of Earth and Altar,
Bow down and hear our cry,
Our earthly rulers falter,
Our people drift and die,
The walls of gold entomb us,
The swords of scorn divide,
Take not thy thunder from us,
Take away our pride."

~ G.K. Chesterton: English Hymnal
   Iron Maiden Revelations

I love Eddie.

I remember distinctly the first time I ever listened to Iron Maiden.  My sister played Piece of Mind for me at the impressionable young age of 13 and I was blown away not only by the music, but this mascot/zombie guy on the cover.  I became a fan.

The only time I have ever slept overnight for concert tickets was for Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time tour, some friends and I ended up with 10th row tickets.  Worth it, easily one of the best concert experiences of my youth.  The band is amazing live and Bruce Dickinson is a consummate showman.  \m/

This balloon started as a little bit of an experiment in whether or not I could draw Eddie's face.  He has more of a skull-like appearance so I used a bit of distortion to try and emulate that.


No comments:

Post a Comment