Thursday, August 20, 2026

August 20 - Rhino

I'm the mother flippin' Rhymenocerous
My beats are fat and the birds are on my back
And I'm horny (I'm horny)
If you choose to proceed you will indeed concede
'Cause I hit you with my flow
The Wild Rhino Stampede

~ The Flight of the Conchords - Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros

Thinking back this time to participating in the Balloon Rhino Project - led by Guido Verhoef in 2016 to raise awareness and funds to help protect rhinos at the Plainsberg National Park in Australia.

I looked at the website (http://www.theballoonrhinoproject.co.za/) with some hope that three would be a "here's how we made a difference" and dreading to hear how many rhinocerous had been poached since then.   I don't think it has been updated since 2016.

... don't look for me in the list of participating artists - I was too shy to click the link.
 
Thinkback: April 4, 2016.


(view other Scoobie Doo)

Other color day balloons:



No comments:

Post a Comment