Friday, March 20, 2020

March 20 - Elderly Man


“If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day – go fishing.
If you want happiness for a month – get married.
If you want happiness for a year – inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime – help someone else.”

~ Chinese Proverb

I binged on a hidden camera YouTube series recently (大树君TreeMan) about social experiments in China.  It was touching to see people care for the elderly in a way I haven't typically seen in my own country.  I can't help but compare my previous interactions and assumptions and feel some shame - I'm inspired to be a better human being because of these videos, well worth a watch.  Here is a perfect example - when an old man is eating bread on the street.

Playing around with my bag of orphan balloons, I came up with a bearded face I liked.



No comments:

Post a Comment