Monday, February 19, 2018

February 19 - Book Fair 2018


"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations."

~ Orson Welles

I enjoyed a little time off since the last post and did some thinking about the state of this blog.

I have a number of big plans for how I want things to evolve this year, but without the ever-present engine of a daily entry, I'm finding it difficult to feel like things are "good enough" to post about.  The goal was to force evolution and progression by removing what were considered obstacles, but I've gone to prove today's quote true.

So in an effort to get past the idea that this is supposed to be something more than it is, I'm going to still keep focused on the big plans - but not to the exclusion of all else.

This year's book fair was right around the time of the Oscars, so they asked for a couple Oscar columns, but with the available space we just went with the one.   I love working with these chrome balloons, last month this column would not have looked as nice.   I would have liked to get a better taper towards the top, but this was my prototype and everything was measured precisely by eyeball on site ...







1 comment: