Thursday, February 22, 2018

February 22 - Dorb Birds


“The woods would be quiet if no bird sang but the one that sang best.”

~ Henry Van Dyke

This quote is apropos, this design was a bit of a failed attempt but I'm going to stop myself from stopping myself and talk about it anyways.

Buster shows a decent variety of these Dorbs animals (I still might build them) - but I really just wanted to play around a bit instead of copy a design, yet still .. keep it simple, stupid.

I built the swan with a very basic body rather than a trying support the head on a long neck in the traditional pose.  Though I didn't really like how that turned out, changing the color of the feet on both the duck and penguin look nice.

What I believe did not work, and the reason I was hesitant to post this without rebuilding - are those ears.  I have ideas on how I could use the concept and get a better rounded head, but I'll have to save those attempts for a future balloon...  I went completely off grid for







Other Dorb balloon designs:

Show All Buster

1 comment: