Tuesday, February 20, 2018

February 20 - Butterboy


butterboy: (n)- a living being who continues to thrive in the misery of the world, despite all outside forces causing their bodies to gradually melt every moment.  Butterboys are those who deal with it.

I have been drawing a lot of inspiration from watching Alex Pardee TwitchTV recently on his show "Sketch 4 Sketch".  It's not an instructional art show, it's more of a hangout and really just an exercise in his own creativity as he creates sketches from other people's drawings.  ... and it's become my weekly jam.

I usually twist balloons while watching, but this time he challenged us to make a butterboy.  The definition is above, but effectively is a little cube guy Alex would draw on other sketches that would help show perspective and give a sense of scale.  A number of people sketched theirs while watching and posted during the stream - I was inspired to join in.

I first built the giant cube guy - but felt his face was lost behind the structure.  I think the smaller works better for the form, but I have fallen in love with the pair of them together, butterboy and butterdad.

So here are my 4 sketch 4 sketches from sketch 4 sketch. 







Other Dorb balloon designs:

Show All Buster


1 comment: