Friday, April 24, 2020

April 24 - Li'l Big Cats


That bungled goodbye hurts me to this day. I wish so much that I'd had one last look at him in the lifeboat, that I'd provoked him a little, so that I was on his mind. I wish I had said to him then - yes, I know, to a tiger, but still - I wish I had said, "Richard Parker, it's over. We have survived. Can you believe it? I owe you more gratitude than I can express I couldn't have done it without you. I would like to say it formally: Richard Parker, thank you. Thank you for saving my life."

~ Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Such a powerful movie and a moving scene, I need a moment ...  These are inspired by Jackie Ochitwa's class and a wavy orange balloon.

I wasn't content with how I got the ears to fit into the base, so I built lions instead using a similarly styled muzzle.

At some point Qualatex decided they needed balloons with waves on them and around that same point in time, my compulsion made me get some.  I have 4 bags of various colors, and I think I have probably used 4 total balloons out of them.

You can imagine how excited I was when I got to use one for this li'l tiger.   ... so .. 5.





(view other lions, tigers)

Other Jackie Ochitwa inspired balloons:

No comments:

Post a Comment