Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11 - Gabrielle's Mermaid


"The sirens will sing his mind away,
on their sweet meadow lolling,
There are bones of dead men rotting in a pile beside them,
and flayed skins shrivel around the spot."
  ~ Homer The Odyssey

Who knew Homer was so metal? \m/

Gabrielle Hodge proves again why she is the Queen of Hearts! - here is another creative use for them, taught in a webinar last month. It took a couple attempts to find the right softness and sizing for the tail fin, but I really like the overall look, sort of a pudgy belly "cutie doll" mermaid. I've actually been meaning to post this mermaid for a while now, my prototype was getting smooshy.

It's easy to see how important it is to over-size rather than under-size a face when comparing these two builds. Let's just say I think the not-so-little mermaid in the red top bikini might be able to swim in colder climates...

Come to think of it, you still might want to add a 160 waist to get rid of the muffin-top regardless.

Anna T.

.. but I love muffins!

Other posts with Gabrielle's designs:


Show all



3 comments:

  1. Before I read what you wrote I immediately noticed the belly and thought that those mermaids look like they have attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Purple Pig is in love!

    ReplyDelete