Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18 - Eric's Flamingo


The chief difficulty Alice found at first was in managing her flamingo.
~ Lewis Carroll

This flamingo is the next bird in Eric's Live Animals #6 PDF.  I am really loving these PDFs, and I've been restraining myself from looking too far ahead in them all.  This flamingo looks great - the body is very similar to Eric's duck, the new bit of sexiness in this is definitely the beak.

After doing the first beak and experimenting a good number of times, I was pretty confident this would be no problem.  This beak.  ...  let me take a moment.   This beak.   ..    I tried and failed so many times to get it to lock into position but it would just roll up the entire length.  I tried positioning it different ways, I need to practice this before I do this again ... there is some secret to the technique that eludes me.

In the end I using some cosmoplast while I held it in it's pivotal position.  I feel like a dirty cheat.  It's why I only built one ...




My nose is funny?  YOUR nose is funny!



















Other posts with Eric's designs:




Show all

1 comment: