Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 21 - Snow White


"Freshly fallen snow
Waits for artists paw to sketch
on a blank canvas"
~ Haiku by Dog

I didn't have the right colors for so many things, but I did try to make as many Disney things as possible - so Shana Brenion is definitely a hero this trip! Here is a few practice Snow White's I had built - and one of the ones I tried to take a stealth picture of after placing it at the resort for someone to find.

I always felt a little bit like I was breaking the rules by stashing these at various point in the resort - almost like I was littering. So I would make an overacting attempt to show that I was placing it carefully and then walk away quickly, relying on the "Take Me!" sign to perform the magic once people investigated. I didn't want to get caught in conversation explaining what I was doing, spoiling the magic of the find. Plus I had only what I had in my hand - so I didn't want to potentially create a situation of have vs. have-nots for siblings and onlookers ...

But back to Snow White! I read an article that suggested rejected dwarf names included Scrappy, Hoppy, Awful, Weepy, Gloomy, Snoopy, Silly, Gabby, Blabby, Flabby, Dizzy, and Biggy-Wiggy. Kind of glad they went with what they did!

I did try making one with a Betallatex heart, but it made her look a little chesty and the legs flair out weird.  This design definitely is for Qualatex.


Remember you're the one who can
fill the world with sunshine!

"Lips red as the rose.  Hair black as ebony.
Skin white as snow. Flower-petal body."
~ Magic Mirror Misquoted

I would have eaten the apple as well ...

One from the resort -- a blurry drive-by photo :(


Other posts with Shana's designs:



Show all

1 comment: