Friday, April 8, 2016

April 8 - Little Red Haired Girl



“Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.”

― Charles M. Schulz

This Little Red Haired Girl design is by Corinne "Sparkles" Smith and was published on FabaTV about 6 months ago (link).  She has released a few Peanuts instructions, and recently "Shopkins" (?? must figure out what this is).   I figured this would be a good introduction for me to her instructions.

Corinne's lessons are great, she records them in two passes - and although I confess I was initially put off by the audio dubbed over the twisting, now I realize that it works in the viewers favor.  By recording her actions first, she makes great effort in visibly showing us every twist, you could follow along without any audio at all so in that sense, it is really just an additional accessory with extra tips...

I always appreciate seeing a new technique for making hair, I tend to fall back on "typical princess" whenever doing so - but I especially like the way Corinne gets the curly bangs in front.  You can see that this girl works great with any color hair. :)




Yesterday also marks the first day this blog was ever shown to Scott Tripp/Sam Cremeens - who in turn posted a link to it on their newsfeed.  If you are a new viewer, welcome and thank you for taking the time to look!

.. and let me say this here - I am inspired every day by the posts and links I find in our Facebook forums and elsewhere online.  I love our community and I am a huge fan of all of you, what we create in this medium is such a temporary thing, and only by sharing it does it become "art" (in just about a week it becomes blehhhhch).  Thank you for being so generous in sharing your your art and your time!

Also, I have a big list of people that I keep meaning to celebrate on this blog that I haven't gotten to yet - if you don't find your name listed, just wait - there are at least 200 more images I need to build this year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! And I love the curly bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even cuter than Purple pig, but don't tell him I said so!!!!!

    ReplyDelete