Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17 - Mega Swords

Lost Wind - Once wielded by Argna
the twice named, hero and legion
commander in the Barren War.
"It is called Lothric, where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge.  In venturing north, the pilgrims discover the truth of the old words. "The fire fades and the lords go without thrones."

When the link of fire is threatened, the bell tolls, unearthing the old Lords of Cinder from their graves:
Aldrich, Saint of the Deep. Farron's Undead Legion, the Abyss Watchers. And the reclusive lord of the Profaned Capital, Yhorm the Giant.

Only, in truth ... The Lords will abandon their thrones and the Unkindled will rise. Nameless, accursed Undead, unfit even to be cinder. And so it is, That ash seeketh embers."
    ~ Dark Souls 3


Dark Souls 3 released this week.  Such a good game.  So good it puts other games to shame, they're too easy, they don't require the same focused skill.

I wanted to create something Dark Souls'y but practically everything so far has been a misshapen beast dragging a gigantic axe.   Probably beyond a simple crafting ...  I'm still searching for something good and/or symbolic.

In the meanwhile may I present to you the swords of power.  These swords are the Balloon Sage's Mega Balloon Sword design

Balloon Sage is a very creative YouTube balloon artist who thinks outside the box (link) - he did not have a whole lot of videos when I first discovered him but he has been posting very reliably and they keep getting better and better.  Much respect because you can tell that much of what he does he makes up himself as sometimes he tries to coin a phrase for something known.

At this point he has a huge library of great designs!




Blix - crafted from tundra steel by the lost elves
of Dyrfog, it's cold metal bathed in the pristene
pools of the forest of Narthur.

Widowmaker - Legendary bastard sword of the
frost giant Throm, so named for the number of foes it has felled.

Flower Power - The amazingly light primary
sword of  Sprite King Zaeph

"I want this one!"
The Baconator - death never tasted so salty.

5 comments:

  1. The ONLY weapon post that ever put a smile on my face! Thanks for a good start to my morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun coming up with the weird sword histories on this one. :)

      Delete
  2. The Baconator.....you're so funny Mason! I was gonna say my favorite was the Widowmaker until I saw the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I made that one after I realized I didn't have a purple pig picture!

      Delete
  3. Ah, you had the exact right idea with these. I had histories for my Pharoah's War Machine and my Mega Swords as well, but I had assumed most people wouldn't get what I was trying to do. I was probably wrong. I actually have many other Mega Swords yet to be crafted, including the Lightning Mega Sword, Candy Mega Sword, Golden Jeweled Mega Sword, and the Princess Mega Sword... So hopefully I will make those versions eventually. Thanks for sharing and your models look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete