Friday, September 16, 2016

September 16 - Headbands 1.0


Top coat, top hat,
And I don't worry 'cause my wallet's fat.
Black shades, white gloves,
Lookin' sharp lookin' for love.
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

~ ZZ Top Sharp Dressed Man

I have owned Alberto Nava's Headbands 1.0 video for a while, but since I don't do a lot of public twisting, there hasn't been much of a need to explore it. It was referenced recently on a podcast I was listening to as one of the big influences to David Brenion, so I figured I would dig into it a little deeper.

Alberto is probably the best dressed (male) balloon artist I've seen. In a sharp suit, he looks like a made man as he shows how to use headbands to great effect.  This is his introductory DVD, so he covers a lot of ground, from very basic ideas like these Mickey ears to some elegant foofy fu hats that could easily be in a runway fashion show.  I don't have feathers or tulle to use, so the fanciest I could make from those selections is the suspended heart -- which I love!

All of this is setting the stage for his advanced DVD. I'm looking forward to cracking open Headbands 2.0!






M - I - C  K - E -Y   P - I...I...I - G?

1 comment: