Friday, September 30, 2016

September 30 - Tatyana's Mouse


The mouse eyed the trap and noticed the one thick rope that held it together. She began nibbling and nibbling until the rope broke. The lion was able to shake off the other ropes that held him tight. He stood up free again!

The lion turned to the mouse and said, "Dear friend, I was foolish to ridicule you for being small. You helped me by saving my life after all!"

~ Aesop The Lion and the Mouse

The moon is not made of cheese, but most of my photo captions tend to be.

Tatyana DjeTa Lyashko hit on another fantastic design with this mouse, and the perfect framing to put it on a moon shaped block of cheese. I had to cheat a bit once I had the moon structure since I didn't have any 9 or 11" yellow rounds, and used Big Bear Heads for the larger sections.

I'm really enjoying building these large delivery pieces, she puts in so many details and techniques that could be applied elsewhere.  It's like an advanced balloon class homework assignment.

This mouse moon hung as a chandelier in our house for a couple days.

Of mice and the man in the moon

The moon used to be full,
Now the mouse is.

... The More You Know .....


Other posts with Tatyana's designs: Show all






1 comment:

  1. I have learned soooooooooo much from this wonderful lady!!! Thanks for sharing the smiles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete