Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 1 - Sweet Mouse


And even though I know
how very far apart we are,
It helps to think we might be wishing
on the same bright star.
And when the night wind starts to sing
a lonesome lullaby,
it helps to think we're sleeping
underneath the same big sky

~ Somewhere Out There An American Tail

I've said it before, I'll say it in the future, and I'm going to say it right now again.  I love Eric Weinstein's Sweet Cheeks videos!  This is from his second video in the series and he really hit it out of the park with these designs - Eric is a balloon rock star.

This is like an original demo tape from your favorite 80's band.  An honest review would have me say the video seems like it's filmed in a jail cell.  With a baggy t-shirt and "tinny" audio - he sometimes sounds like he's talking in a tunnel.  But also like that demo tape, the content is freaking gold.  I mean, look at this mouse!

One fantastic thing about these videos are that there are no cuts.  If things pop, he makes it work and shows us how to fix things without completely rebuilding - just like you would in any sort of real twisting situation.  This is unlike most twister videos in which you are only shown the perfect build.

One thing I always struggle with on certain sweet cheeks designs are the feet.  They just blap on the bottom like they're human shoes, and I'm constantly adjusting them to be straight and look okay.  This design solves that problem easily by having the mouse sit in a block of cheese.  Sweet cheeks in sweet cheese ... sweet.

I broke from the design slightly when making the brown and added the bottom lip, but when I added it to the white, I left it too big and it makes him look ... ... tough?  It needs to be super tiny if it's going to be there at all.


I cry mouska-tears..

... the same thing we do everyday, Pinky ...

Say "cheese"!  ... say, cheese!



Other posts with Eric's designs:


Show all

1 comment: