Monday, June 15, 2020

June 15 - Elmo

“If you keep practicing, you can do anything.”

~ Elmo

When I first approached the Balloon Brothers to purchase their Geo Dome tutorial series, they had just released "Geo Dome 2".  I would say this is only related to the first tutorials in the balloon choices, the techniques are very different.

This Elmo is not exactly what they showed but I kind of think that is a good use of the instructions.  Whereas Geo Dome 1 was based on one specific technique, Geo Dome 2 has a lot more examples and ideas of how to think around using geos in gigantic creations.

I did change a few things purposefully based on my own needs, preferences and playing around with the style.  (Plus I think there is a tendency in tutorials that showcase a balloon type to overuse that balloon type to exaggerate the usefulness?)  

Brad and Joe are great instructors - but I have a confession, maybe it's because it's the second batch of tutorials that I've watched with these two ...

I keep waiting for some hidden sibling rivalry or something.  These are brothers seemingly close in age, both balloon twisters - one  would expect playful banter in the least, but they are perfect gentlemen to each other. "Fantastic. thank you for that tip Mr. Joe."  "Why you are quite welcome Mr. Brad."  One of the three of us is going to crack - and I worry it's going to be me.

If you are interested in these tutorials, you will have to message them directly: https://www.instagram.com/balloonbrothers/




Other balloons by or inspired by the Balloon Brothers:


No comments:

Post a Comment