Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June 10 - Giant Roses

A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it.

~ Dōgen Zenji

Catching up on more older posts, yesterday I showed what I made for my mom on Mother's day -- here is what I made for my wonderful wife.  This flower design was by Chun-Lin, Sung taught in his Hahow classes.

It's a fun weave in that I don't think you have to stress too hard about sizing like in some weaves, after all - it's a flower and needs that organic look anyways.

I also built some chrome flowers for hanging above our door outside thinking that they would be hearty.   Chrome is not metal, it seemed like they fared worse than normal balloons, they immediately oxidized and looked terrible, taken down before morning even.




(view other flowers)

Other balloons by and inspired by Chun-Lin, Sung:



No comments:

Post a Comment