Monday, June 22, 2020

June 22 - Big Bird

Blue, blue windows behind the stars,
Yellow moon on the rise,
Big birds flying across the sky,
Throwing shadows on our eyes.

~ Neil Young, Helpless

Big Bird is another of the muppets taught by the Balloon Brothers, but again I felt a need to change the body around slightly (I liked the shape it just wasn't "big").

I was chuckling to myself while I built this how funny it would be to make his right arm attached by a string, but without gluing it to the front and really drawing attention to it, things get a little lost in translation .. or something.

What is Big Bird's origin story?  Is he a species or a unique creature (is there an even-bigger daddy)?  I can't imagine he got this big by eating bird seed alone...


(view other muppets)

Other balloons by and inspired by the Balloon Brothers:



No comments:

Post a Comment