Tuesday, June 9, 2020

June 9 - Flower Basket

“A fallen blossom
returning to the bough, I thought --
But no, a butterfly.”

~ Arakida Moritake, Traditional Japanese Poetry: An Anthology

Irina Lobanova is an amazing a prolific Russian balloon artists that I have followed for a while on Instagram.  She had been creating Instagram Live videos and then offering them for view/purchase later - I caught the tail end of this one and love the basket weave pattern so I contacted her back before Mother's Day.

The red flowers I made for my mother for Mother's Day and sent a photo.

The rainbow flowers were made for my wife for our quaranteenniversary.

Those flowers need special mention.  Irina demonstrated making a 9-petal flower like it was the easy.  6 petals are typical, good pressure and flower shape - the amount of pressure between the petals of a 9-petal flower is so great you have to have a very precise amount of sizing/stretch/pressure.  I tried throughout the red flowers and only succeeded in one lumpy one.  More success in the rainbow flowers, but I cheated and used two balloons on each.





(view other flowers)


No comments:

Post a Comment