Monday, June 8, 2020

June 8 - Princess

Westley: “You’re that smart?”
Vizzini: “Let me put it this way, have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?”
Westley: “Yes.”
Vizzini: “Morons.”

~William Goldman, The Princess Bride

I've tried copying some of Balloon Syotaro's designs in the past on this blog, I am a big fan - he was someone else who did/does daily balloon art posting and I have always been envious of his cool compositions.  You can imagine how excited I was to see he was going to release instructions for a princess design he had been showing off recently.

The instructions are available in English now (link), but I couldn't wait so I cut and paste into google translate because such is the nature of my OCD.

One thing I can say about this dress is it's sturdy - there are a lot of balloons that go into the weave.  I didn't play around too much with the dress styles, but Mr. Syotaro shows a decent variety of them as examples.

Second thing I can say, I need to spend some time working on my eyes/faces, it's been a while and it shows in my shakey un-confident lines.

(Writing the hashtag he requested here so I don't have to look it up when posting to Instagram -- it means "princess with balloon art" according to Google translate: #バルーンアートでプリンセス  )




(view other princesses)

Other balloons by and inspired by the Balloon Syotaro:



No comments:

Post a Comment