Friday, June 12, 2020

June 12 - Stone Wings

"And when you speak
You speak with silence, and I
Carve each word you sing
On my stone wings
And the light will pour in"

~ Swallow the Sun, Stone Wings

Stone wings is something that I've been thinking about building ever since hearing this song and letting my imagination wander.  This song is another dedication to Aleah, steeped in sadness.  The idea that they were fairies/angels/otherworldly together, but that his wings have turned to stone with sadness of her passing.

A grief so powerful it turns magic into stone.  Ouch.

This wing design is part of Chun-Lin, Sung's weaving tutorials on Hahow as an advanced variation of a brick weave.  I had originally planned on making the two grey wings but thought it would be more fun to play with some colors instead of getting so caught up in this stone wing thing ...






Other balloons by and inspired by Chun-Lin, Sung:



No comments:

Post a Comment