Sunday, July 9, 2017

July 9 - Lafayette


Lafayette: 'Scuse me. Who ordered the hamburger, [puts plate on table] with aids?
Redneck: I ordered the hamburger deluxe.
Lafayette: In this restaurant a hamburger deluxe come with french fries, lettuce, tomato, mayo, AND AIDS! DO ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!

Nelsan Ellis (November 30, 1977 – July 8, 2017) passed yesterday - famous for his role as Lafayette, Merlotte's flamboyant chef on show True Blood. Lafayette was one of the best things about the show, I think I could listen to him read a phone book and he would find some way to make it sound fabulous.

I built this balloon experimenting with Bauldy's Super Dudes concept. Though I only built one, I had a few different heads attached as I tried and failed repeatedly to draw his features - he is a blend of masculine and feminine that's hard to capture.








Other Super Dudes:

All Bauldy's

1 comment: