Thursday, July 6, 2017

July 6 - Ice Skater


“A man learns to skate by staggering about and making a fool of himself. Indeed he progresses in all things by resolutely making a fool of himself.”

~ George Bernard Shaw Advice to a Young Critic

This is the second of five deliveries I have made for people who bid on my auction our school's gala.  This ice skater is a birthday decoration for a long time friend of my oldest son Josh, Lily is an avid and talented skater.

The design is based on the little girl design by Tatyana DjeTa Lyashko, but I tried using a different head/hairstyle.  I also forgot to put the flower in her hair ... it's sitting sad and alone beside my desk as I type this.

I ended up made this late at night and there are a couple things that I would have done over if I had the time - and I didn't have the right colors so I had to use Q. wild berry with my B. fuschia.  So noticeable ... hopefully not too distracting, but it burns my eyes to see.








Other posts with Tatyana's designs:

Show all



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful start to my day, thank you! LOVE the quote too.

    ReplyDelete