Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 9 - Jack-in-the-Box


This morning my old jack-in-the-box
Popped out– – and wouldn’t get back-in-the-box.
He cried, “Hey, there’s a tack-in-the-box,
And it’s cutting me through and through.

“There also is a crack-in-the-box,
And I never find a snack-in-the-box,
And sometimes I hear a quack-in-the-box,
‘Cause a duck lives in here too.”

Complain, complain is all he did– –
I finally had to close the lid.

~ Shel Silverstein Complainin' Jack

The next design in Tatyana DjeTa Lyashko's latest batch of PDFs is this Jack-in-the-box. The scary clown is awesome.

This now counts as probably the hardest balloon I've ever attempted. The neck springs alone took so much maneuvering and manipulation to get right, the head distortion took a good number of attempts and even so I left off some bits to it because I just couldn't cram any more inside and manipulate it. So hard, but so fun.

I would like to point out one absurdity in the recent clown scare hoax that the news is perpetuating. We don't call someone who impersonates a police officer a police officer - if someone dressed in a monkey suit attacked people, we wouldn't say monkeys are attacking. Why are they insisting that these deviants in manufactured stories are "clowns"? They are not. The world needs more clowns, not absurd fears of them.


Jack-out-of-the-box 

Ahhh, nice to think outside of there... 

I always feel like someone's watching me ... 



Other posts with Tatyana's designs: Show all




2 comments: