Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October 18 - Linda's Owl


“Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest--and when I say thinking I mean thinking--you and I must do it.”

~ A.A. Milne The House at Pooh Corner

Linda Truscheit has an enviable style, she is masterful at evoking emotion from her balloons. She doesn't just create a pug, she creates a pug that is saying "please feed me!".

I count Linda as not only a great designer, but a good friend - and I know I've already mentioned that I keep a folder of her designs as inspiration. A while ago I attended a webinar where she taught a different type of owl, but this is one she has posted fairly recently that is just plain adorable. I was able to ask her about a few critical bits in this owl design and with her help attempt to recreate it since it fits in the holiday theme.

What I love about her designs is that they just make you want to squeeze them. I have made a number of these now, my line is - "someone said I should give this to you" -- "who?" -- "perfect."

I think the smaller body with chubbier cheeks is my favorite.

As with the previous ghost image, these were taken on too bright of a background for the background that they ended up being on.  I can't unsee reflective blue and green!


Owl you need is love

Hedwig on the Angry Branch
(six inches forward, five inches back)

You're a hoot.  ---  Who me?

Other posts with Linda's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful start to my day!!!! Huge hug to both you and Linda!

    ReplyDelete