Thursday, October 27, 2016

October 27 - Crystal Ball

Who could have predicted Snapchat
would have the perfect filter?
"Serpents, and spiders, tail of a rat…
Call in the spirits, wherever they're at!
Rap on a table, it's time to respond…
Send us a message from somewhere beyond!
Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween...
Awaken the spirits with your tambourines!
Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond…
Let there be music from regions beyond!
Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell...
Give us a hint… by ringing a bell!"

~ Madame Leota's incantation

This was the next in the awesome group of PDFs Tatyana DjeTa Lyashko released for Halloween.

I had tried to build this last week, but faced some frustrations and quit early. These PDFs are all full of complicated techniques, a masters course in balloon art.  This was definitely a challenge to complete, but "Sometimes you have to shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."  I know I learned a lot while building this, and if I were to build something similar to this again I would do it with much more ease.

For one, I know to be more careful when attaching things using glue.  I had bit of a catastrophe right at the end of building this, while attaching the first ball, it popped and took out a finger.  (I should have predicted that ..)  Once I attached the new digit, I took an insurance picture before trying again more carefully.

I was also a bit disappointed to find how short lived the flashing light was, only about 5 hours until it looked like it was just flashing red.  I rarely use them, but I should probably do some tests comparing the brightness/flash over time with some different lights I have.


If you like it put a ring on it

The numbers for tomorrow's lottery are ...

Some days I'm small, and others I'm a medium.



Other posts with Tatyana's designs: Show all




1 comment: