Sunday, October 16, 2016

October 16 - Smoosh Halloween Too


Litany Against Fear

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

~ Frank Herbert Dune

When making the original Smoosh Halloween post, I experimented with a few other horrors as well. These three were all built free form and each could use another clean build, but it's late and I've had busy day providing some decor for the Fall Festival our school puts on once a year.

This shows how versatile the Smoosh concept is though. Granted there is some artwork involved, but I was able to get something "smooshy and close" to the form in a quick first pass and then accessorize to complete it. There is an elegance to the simplicity that shouldn't be overlooked, you could spend a good amount of time making a perfect Freddy, but embracing a style like a tsum tsum or a chibi or a smoosh and you can focus on what you need to make the form, for Freddy it was a striped sweater, burnt face and claws.


Jigsmoosh

Freddy Smoosher

The Jig is up, The Krueg is out,
We've finally found ring!




Other posts with Scott's designs:


Show all




1 comment: