Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22 - Nozzle Things


Giant nozzles, bolts and beams
They called her Atlas by all means
Blood, sweat and tears were her payload
She was a stairway to heaven
Old Apollo 11
The rocket ship their Grandpa drove

~ Jimmy Buffett The Rocket That Grandpa Rode

Bugs!   For the 8th day of Trippmas - I give you Nozzle bugs... creatures?

One of Scott Tripp's passions is saving and finding uses for all the little bits and bobbles and scraps.  The Balloon Blast Video Show has a segment every so often called "Scraps & Crap" with some suggestions.  These are the result of one of those experiments and another Patreon video (link) - Nozzlebugs!

Of all the fantastic Patreon videos, and there are many great ones, this is my favorite.  It's such a left turn from any sort of traditional "balloon" tutorial and is really just creativity exploration.  I've already explored this Nozzlebug video in a post last year when they were released (link), and I've been saving my nozzles ever sense - now finally with some purpose!

Beginning with the spider to refresh my memory, I next tried building a nozzle-only tree I saw posted recently by Russell Wells and got a little crazy jazzing that one up, the star is big even as a 160, so I should have gone with something on the inside.  Next I started building a candy cane - but it felt very bland and not something "Trippmas-sy".

So I present to you - Dr. Cane.  Deliciously evil and evilly delicious, borne from the forgotten and discarded remnants of half-eaten candy canes,  he is the sworn adversary of the Tooth Fairy - preferring to extract healthy teeth from rotten children.





Other balloon designs by and inspired by Scott Tripp:

Show All


1 comment: