Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 6 - Bopup Girls


“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”

~ Albert Einstein

Each of these Bopup designs are ending up with some inkwork.  So I thought instead of fighting it I would embrace it - I have purchased Lindsey Foster's DVD Purty Faces (link).  I made a simple girl face using the bopup technique and started practicing purty faces. 

I felt the design was missing something without a body, so I made a short squat one with a neck the bopup can balance upon.  All the bodies are interchangeable.  It makes it feel more like a doll.

Lindsey has a great casual way of teaching, and includes plenty of fine points of detail along the way.  The instructions cover faces drawn on both rounds and normal twister balloons, cartoon and princess styles and what you might cut in order to do these quickly in a linework situation.






Other balloon designs by and inspired by Matt Falloon:

Show All

Other balloon designs by and inspired by Pookie:

Show All

1 comment: