Friday, December 1, 2017

December 1 - Rob's Parrot


Intellectual is a parrot; wise man is a crow. One is repetitive; other is creative!

~ Mehmet Murat Ildan

Can you tell I just got a delivery of the latest Balloon Magic magazine?  One of my friends and probably one of the most frequent contributors to the magazine has a model included in the latest issue that I wanted to try.  Rob Balchunas, better known by his name and tagline - Rob the Balloon Guy (that's just his name don't rob him) created this parrot.

I first built it with colors matching the magazine.  It's getting darker earlier and earlier, so I quickly took a picture outside thinking it was going to be too late by the time I built another.

I looked up images of parrots when building the second so I could more closely match colors and decided to try a different foot style.  These are fairly quickly built so I rushed back outside for a couple more pictures and it was only then that I realized I had accidently reversed the wings!  It was almost dark o'clock, so I left them that way but I think it still looks okay with them flipped around.

One other thing that I want to mention about Rob - he is the designer and creator of my favorite balloon bag, the Bagchunas.  This bag was not only designed by a professional, but every stitch was sewn by him as well, it is craftsmanship that has been fine tuned to create the perfect bag.   He doesn't actively attempt to sell them, there are a few other brands that really tend to push their wares, some even defining themselves by the comparison to a Bagchunas.  You would do well to investigate, they're worth it.  (Bagchunas Website)






Other balloon designs by Rob:

Show All

1 comment: