Thursday, November 30, 2017

November 30 - Chibicoro Purple Pig


Just a burden in my hand
Just an anchor on my heart
Just a tumor in my head
And I'm in the dark

So follow me into the desert
As desperate as you are
Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
And all the little pigs have God

~ Soundgarden  Burden in my Hand

I'm assuming by this point you're able to guess what today's build was going to be.  With each of the balloon concepts/people I study here on the blog, I attempt a purple pig using that style.  So here you have Chibicoro Purple Pig.

One of the things I wanted to play with and didn't afford myself the time to in this section was attempting these with the different sizes of balloons, so here is a pig in 160, 260 and 360 sizes.

Chibicoro's really translate easily to the different sizes.  The 160 is adorably tiny and reminds me somewhat of Matt Falloon's Picos, the 360 is a little big and chunky and reminds me of Jeffrey Hayes Quad Bod design.

The generous people (person?) in charge of the Chibicoro website have come up with a great, quick and versatile design and shared it freely, it's well worth the effort to practice making these because there are important subtleties you can learn from making smaller balloons.  Slightly different pressure in the building, or minor variations in sizes can be very noticeable.







Other Chibicoro balloon designs:

Show All

1 comment: