Saturday, November 25, 2017

November 25 - Chibicoro Farm Animals


No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be? Suppose you had decided to follow Snowball, with his moonshine of windmills– Snowball, who, as we now know, was no better than a criminal?

~ George Orwell Animal Farm

One thing that I admire about the Chibicoro site (link) is how clean each of the designs are they create.

I've been using the form, but I haven't been as precise as I probably could be - so to attempt to remedy this, I am using 4 designs directly from the site and doing my best to pay attention to these small details. Keeping the leg/hand sizes the same, sizing the top and bottom bubbles correctly, etc. The one thing I will probably keep doing different than the site is in drawing the artwork vs. using decal stickers. It's pretty hard to draw in pen on a rounded surface and have things line up well, some of that is the light I use while twisting (low) and my eyes (bad) and my hand (shakey). But practice practice practice is the only way to improve.

One thing of note is the baby chick design called for "pale yellow" - I'm not sure what color that is, but I was able to get something close by stuffing a yellow inside an ivory.







Other Chibicoro balloon designs:

Show All

1 comment: