Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15 - Chibicoro Monsters




~ Weird Al Yankovic - The Brady Bunch

There are so many things on balloon_syotaro's Instagram feed that I want to build, and would probably keep going - but I'll be out of town this week at my first Twist & Shout, the premiere US balloon convention and distracted by other awesomeness as well I'm sure.

I stumbled across some Chibicoro monsters that Syotaro Tushima built last year and I couldn't resist trying a few.  I used the basic structures that he was going for but just tried to build a good variety rather than copy anything in particular.

Syotaro used a good variety of eyes, but I like the look and it was both a good challenge and practice to get a deep stuffed marriage twist while keeping the overall structure thin.  The effect of a good deep sunken eye is worth it though.  It is difficult to get a consistent look, especially when using smaller outer balloons - but I knew I wanted to build this rainbow assortment after my prototype (blue), so I built a bunch of eyes and then later paired them up with the monsters like I was matching socks.

I built the remainder in rainbow order, so you can see red/orange/yellow got the best matches while green and purple have some wonky looking eyes.






Other designs by or inspired by Syotaro Tushima:

Show All | Show All Chibicoro

1 comment: