Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 20 - Twisting and Shouting - Day 3


My apartment is infested with koala bears. It's the cutest infestation ever. Way better than cockroaches. When I turn on the light a bunch of koala bears scatter. But I don't want 'em to, you know, I'm like "Hey, hold on, fellas. Let me hold one of you. And feed you a leaf."

~ Mitch Hedberg

Today was the second day of classes at Twist & Shout, followed by the stage competitions and the opening of judging of the small, medium, large and uninflated competitions.  It was awesome to see the talented performers and both Kristal Yee and Matt Falloon killed it as hosts.

Everyone was terrific, but I was especially impressed by each of the Asian entries who had such a polished presence and grace on stage.  They paint a picture, they tell a story - it's pure art, I love it.  Also, Martin Lemire deserves special mention - when he walked out as Christopher Lyle in a bikini and struck a pose directly in front of the judges panel and directly in front of Christopher.  Genius.

The Emoji-guy is one that Lindsey Foster showed in her early morning class, it was great that Betallic sponsored her to teach here, she did a fantastic job and her classes were full of energy and some great-looking, quickly made balloons. I think she taught five designs in each of her classes, all while on the verge of getting sick.

The koala is another one from Takahiro Kai's class, I think it looks terrific - but we didn't finish building it in class to I had to guess on how the arms are put together.

But it was a full day and I had to crash (and come type this) so I decided to wait until the morning to view the competition pieces...




1 comment: