Friday, January 19, 2018

January 19 - Twisting and Shouting - Day 2


You know you twist your little girl\
You know you twist so fine
Come on and twist a little closer, now
And let me know that you're mine

~ The Beatles Twist and Shout

Today has been a very long day as it was the start of main classes at Twist & Shout.

... I realize as I begin to write this (after midnight!) that there are really too many pictures and too many stories to ever be able to talk about it all in a short blog like this.  Instead I'm going to keep to fairly brief and certainly incomplete summations.

Twist & Shout is much bigger than any previous balloon events I've attended.  You have to make the hard choice of which of the three offered classes you want to take, yet I was surprised at how sparse they were.  Being that this was the first day for the main twister competitions, it's completely understandable that people would be secreted away in their rooms putting the finishing touches on masterpieces.  (They did - the dress and costume competitions were both amazing.)

One of the more memorable parts of the day, and certainly worthy of note - is that I have now officially met who I consider to be godfather to this blog, one of the most creative and quick-witted people I know, who I have the pleasure of calling friend but hate myself for still being a fanboy of, Scott Tripp.  ... and he brought gifts!

These melty face guys were something I was playing with in the jam room, inspired by Alex Pardee's artwork.  The Cupid and Easter basket is from my first class this morning with Lindsey and the Platypus was taught by Takahiro Kai.





1 comment:

  1. Love the balloons and I'm excited that everything is working out for you!

    ReplyDelete