Monday, November 20, 2017

November 20 - Chibicoro Disney


All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

~ Walt Disney

Chibicoro balloons are a balloon concept I stumbled across last year in a hunt for balloon art. (link)

But what is a Chibicoro? The word "Chibi" roughly translates to "short" in size. From the website, using google-translate I've learned that the design is intentionally small and simple, easy to build and perfect for the decoration of a gift or a greeting.

This is the first "free" balloon concept that I've used this year, the Chibicoro site (link) demonstrates how to create the basic forms and gives a LOT of examples.  Because this is available freely, I am happy to share the specific elements that I used to create my versions of the designs as I try to explore the concept further.

This time I've explored a few Disney characters - the "Big 3"; Mickey, Goofy and Donald.

First built was Mickey to refresh my memory and using the design they demonstrated in their archive (link).   Then I attempted Donald and finally the Goofy.  Goofy is a bit of a cheat on the form by adding the shoes, but he's such a tall character to begin with and I really like the way they ended up. In fact that one works well standing on it's own.






Other Chibicoro balloon designs:

Show All

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful start to my day! LOVE the support for Mickey!

    ReplyDelete