Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November 1 - Shrunken Head

You're flying past the reef
And you're drinking shrunken heads
You wake up in the morning
And you wish that you were dead

~ Ugly Kid Joe Funky Fresh Country Club

My junior year in college (1991?) at UC Santa Barbara we lived upstairs from the band Ugly Kid Joe.  Despite the song that says otherwise, they were actually pretty good neighbors.  They partied as much as you would imagine - but didn't we all at the time?  This was before their first EP released and right after they adopted the new name. 

This balloon is one I have left over from Halloween that I delayed posting since I was working on those Surly Dudes.

Buster Balloon described this as "the easiest balloon he has ever created", but it still has a big impact.  I have made a few of these as last-minute balloons for places that I typically bring balloons to since the surly dudes are a bit big to pass through the Starbucks drive-thru window.

I have had a rainbow assortment of alien heads forever since I rarely twist in any sort of line situation, and there wasn't much besides "an alien" to use them for.  I can see this being the main usage going forward. The giant sized alien head was actually a hand-out at a balloon convention.






Other balloon designs by or inspired by Buster Balloon:

Show All



1 comment: