Saturday, November 18, 2017

November 18 - Rainer's Spider


Sometimes it looks like I'm dancing, but it's just that I walked into a spider web.

~ Demetri Martin

This spider is a design shared by Rainer Fürstenfeld on his YouTube channel (link).  So many spider designs end up being limited by chubby legs even using the thinnest balloons, so Rainer hit on something fantastic with this one.

I made a couple to give out at various locations and they were in love with the realistic and creepy look.  I really enjoy the "whoa!!" response when I give someone a balloon.

I believe balloon artists can be caught in a cycle of thinking they can only use balloons.  The addition of some different bits of media like a simple pipe cleaner or feathers or tulle or ???? used in the right way could add an amazing depth to a creation.







Other balloon designs by Rainer Fürstenfeld:

Show All




1 comment: