Wednesday, November 29, 2017

November 29 - Chibicoro Adventure Time


"People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it."

~ Princess Bubblegum

For one of the last couple of Chibicoro I'm going to build for now - I thought I would try Finn and Jake from Adventure Time.

This form really works fantastic for cartoon characters or things that can become cartoonish, and it's so quick to build them that I actually waited until after 10:30 PM (after returning from choir practice) the night before publishing this with just the idea of what I wanted to build.  This was an adventure in procrastination!

 Jake was the first and easiest built, Finn came in a close second - I thinned out his face a bit so I could add the hood, similar to how I built Kenny.  Surprisingly, Princess Bubblegum is the one that I spent the most time on and I still don't think I like the way she ended up.  I tried a few ideas for long hair and the hands really interfere with that, and at this point the hands look like ears.  Of course, now that I type this (as is the case with all the balloons I feel unsatisfied) I realize I should have made one with her hair up in a ponytail or something, but I've already committed to pictures, and I'm sleepy now.






Other Chibicoro balloon designs:

Show All

2 comments: