Sunday, November 5, 2017

November 5 - Nao's Spider


Somehow the killing of a giant spider, all alone by himself in the dark without the help of a wizard or the dwarves or anyone else, made a great difference to Mr. Baggins. He felt a different person, and much fiercer and bolder in spite of an empty stomach as he wiped his sword on the grass and put it back into its sheath.

~ JRR Tolkien – The Hobbit

This spider design is one that Nao Osaka teaches in a PDF I was lucky enough to have shared with me.

The design reminds me of a tarantula or wolf spider and has a nice sculpted thorax and bulbous abdomen.

Qualatex released two new colors that I purchased recently to try out, Maroon and Navy - so I built one in each.  I don't think I will be adding the colors to my "everyday" bucket, but they are nicely different from existing colors and worth keeping around for special occasions.  There is a satisfying tactile sensation in twisting them, perhaps it's the freshness of the balloons but they are nice and squishy but still seem strong.







Other balloon designs by or inspired by Nao Osaka:

Show All

1 comment: