Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22 - Ant

"Oh, I know it's a rock, I know. But let's just pretend for a minute that it's a seed, alright? We'll just use our imaginations. Now, now do you see our tree? Everything that made that giant tree is already contained inside this tiny little seed. All it needs is some time, a little bit of sunshine and rain, and voilá!" ~ Flik 



Nao Osaka design, this unlike most of Nao's designs does use a couple different sized balloons to get the thin legs and antennae.

What I like most about this are that the way the legs, antennae and mandibles are made - it ends up being a very pose-able figure.  I could see this design used for a number of different insects as well, with very few changes this could become a wasp, or a termite.  A couple more changes could give you a grasshopper or a praying mantis.

Great design!


Have you seen my uncle?


3 comments:

  1. I love your quotes like this one from Flik who uses imagination to give us hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love (and resemble?) Dot's reply: "You're weird, but I like you"

      Delete