Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 20 - Turtle





        "And the turtles, of course...
          all the turtles are free.
          as turtles, and, maybe all
          creatures should be." ~ Dr. Seuss

This turtle design was provided by Rob Driscoll -  creator of "The Original 365 Days of Balloons" blog. (link)   I discovered Rob almost immediately when starting out on my balloon passion. But since that was only about a year and a half ago, he was working on his latest project, "Twisted Cinema" - in which he is recreating famous movie scenes.  They are amazing, it is well worth checking out that link and following his blog.  I confess that despite the name of the blog, I never looked through his archive of daily creations .. they aren't easily clicked to, perhaps because it's so easy to get distracted by all of his more recent amazing pictures.  I had to navigate deep to see the first image, but now I'm hooked and stepping through day-to-day.

Rob is an inspiration - not only in the fact that he created the original 365 balloon-a-day website, but also in providing such a comprehensive example of how this exercise of trying to create something daily/monthly/publicly really improves your game over time.

This design was a fun one to play with, I tried making it large and it was super squeezable cute, and made it small and it was adorable cute.  I fiddled around with the shell too, which I might stick with if I can get the tail to poke out better.

The whole family!


Different shell style

Hangin' with my homies





2 comments:

  1. The Daily Purple Pig has been part of my tool bar for a week now and I am enjoying seeing your daily creations so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 It's been a lot of fun and not as much of a struggle as I thought - glad you're enjoying it!

      Delete